Kikuyu was founded in East Africa is favoured for its quick establishment and growth rate.
This lawn grows faster than any other lawn grass and as a result is most suited to large open expanses, sports fields etc., where mowing, invasion of gardens or shade is not an issue.
- Quick growing
- self repairing’
- high maintenance costs
- high mowing requirements
- highly invasive in your garden beds and pavers
- most suitable for sporting fields and large areas
- prefers full sun and is performs poorly in the shade
For every 15 times a Kikuyu lawn requires mowing
- Couch grass will need to be mowed 11 times in the same period
- Buffalo grass will need to be mowed 7.25 times in the same period